Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Script & Concrete decision for Shooting

Our group plan to film the video on week 6 Friday originally since we think we can have more time to edit it and finish the rush first. Then even we found any problems or mistakes so we can still manage 1 more day for shooting. But, due to the huge workload during the week, we are not able to finish the script and shot list. So we decided to postpone the filming date to week 7's Monday and Friday.

So in this week, we have to finish the script and shot list. Before we have decided the role for each group mates, originally Hitomi is responsible to write the script, because she write the storyline for the video. Yet, we found that it would be more efficient if we separate the work. Finally, Hitomi only have to write the script and think about the Family Version, Sujin and I wirte the script for the Emotional Management Version and Lover or Friend Version.

It is my first time as a script writer, the video I have to write is an telephone conversation. This conversation is quite imaginative, i.e. there is not much limitation that what should be included in it. On the one hand, it is good that I can write what I want to write and I am not bonded by the story, on the other hand, it is out of my surprise that script writing is more difficult than I think.

After I written my first draft for the script and showed it to my group mates, they found that I have included some abundant content for the conversation, some points are not clear. Also, after I re read my script, I found that the sequence of the content is not coherent and the context can be improved. So, I cut and changed the script. I intended to move the later part to the front, but I discovered that if I moved it, I need to move the whole story again otherwise, the story would not be completed. Finally I re write nearly the whole script. The feedback of the second draft from my group mates is better than the first one.

There is another hindrance for the script-writing, because we plan to invite our classmates as the actors, I have to consider if they are willing to do part of the act in Lover or Friend Version. Since in the ending of the video. The couple have to hug each others, and my classmates if not willing to do this, another problem we have consider is the height different between the actor and actress. So, at last we amended the story to replace the original scene. And we are looking forward to the filming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.